Visitors to the beautiful Sacramento State Park at Colusa would never guess that it was once an unsightly city dump.
The park was formerly dedicated in May of 1964 and is today a beautiful area that is enjoyed by thousands of campers, 郊游, 划船和垂钓者.
This area offers visitors campsites, picnic sites, and a launch ramp for small boats. The riverbank cottonwoods and willows shelter one of the finest fishing stretches in California, 和大马哈鱼, 虹鳟, 虹鳟鱼和条纹鲈鱼的一些捕获. The river is on a major migratory route for birds of the Pacific flyway and provides home to an amazing number of species. The River Patwin Indian tribe once lived nearby the area and in 1872 John Muir camped near what is now the park.
在发射坡道的顶部有一个 .5 mile nature trail that will take the park visitor out to the Sacramento River. There is also a paved biking/walking path on the levy from the park to Bridge Street.
More than 42,000 acres including a number of refuges make up the 萨克拉门托野生动物保护区. Three of those refuges are located in Colusa County: Colusa, Delavan, and Sacramento.
汽车小径和公路蜿蜒穿过草原, 沼泽, permanent ponds and seasonal wetlands make up a varied habitat at Colusa. 鹈鹕等鸟类的种类, 白鹭, 红尾鹰, 面容苍白的宜必思, 苍鹭, 水鸟, 北部的障碍, 在那里可以看到仓鸮. In 2011 a rare falcated duck was first sighted at the Colusa Refuge and as predicted it returned in 2012. Visitors came to the refuge from around the country and even overseas to see the duck.
Daylight hiking is permitted at the Colusa and Sacramento River Refuges. 在指定的狩猎季节允许狩猎.
It was in 1979 when the Colusa City Council passed a resolution designating a group of eight brick structures on Main Street as historic. The buildings are unique in that they were originally residential and commercial dwellings in the hub that once was Colusa’s “唐人街”.
They are a row of nearly identical buildings overlooking the Sacramento River. Today they are home to a diverse group of retail and office tenants. Originally the Chinese population was restricted by custom and prejudice to reside and work in this section of town. The Colusan Chinese in 1890 replaced formerly old wooden structures with the masonry ones still there today.
Prior to the renovation of the district many of the building fell into decline and were used for storage and loading for produce grown on surrounding farms. Many legends exist about the legacy of these turn-of-the-century buildings. 赌博的故事一直流传下来, 神秘的隧道网络在城市街道下延伸, 甚至还有一些建筑里的超自然活动.
These buildings bear witness to a significant reminder of the 19th 中国百年文化遗产.
Just across the street is the Colusa Levee Scenic Park which provides a peaceful spot for a warm weather picnic or lunch break.
The Southern style architecture of the Colusa County Courthouse is a source of pride for the county residents.
The Courthouse is the second oldest in the state having been built in 1861. It reflects the roots of the county’s early settlers who came from the deep south. The main entrance is home to a marble statue of George Washington which was presented to the county in 1861 as recognition of the local citizens’ outstand contribution to the Washington National Memorial Fund. 最大比例的捐款来自科卢萨县.
位于威廉姆斯E街1491号, the 萨克拉门托山谷博物馆 is a wealth of history for its visitors.
博物馆位于前威廉姆斯高中. 自己的历史, the building is now home to more that 100 years of items reflecting life in the Sacramento Valley.
The museum is designed as an easy informative tour site with a variety of themed rooms. Displays depict aspects of every day life through exhibits like an authentic 19th century general store complete with bolts of gingham, bins of grain, and stick candies. There is a saddlery and blacksmith shop, doll collections and many other exhibits. 总共, 有19个房间装饰着漂亮的古董家具, 照片，甚至早期的法律文件和报纸.
From April to November the museum is open Wednesday-Saturday from 10 am until 4 pm. The hours are the same during the winter months, but it is open only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. 详情请致电(530)473-2978.
The Shrine of Our Lady of Sorrows is called the ‘smallest church in the world’. 它位于格莱姆斯外沿45号高速公路.
The little chapel is big enough only for the presiding priest to be inside. 它标志着科卢萨县第一次天主教弥撒的地点, an open-air mass celebrated under a big oak tree in May of 1856 by Father Peter Magagnotto, 一个来自马里斯维尔的激情派牧师, CA. Mass was celebrated thereafter at the spot by occasional visiting priests from the Marysville clergy.
1864年，一位德国传教士, 莱福伯神父在现场执行任务, 服务结束时, 安排在那里建一座教堂, but the project was abandoned when it was decided to build the church in Colusa. Masses and visits continued at the site as there were no churches closer than Colusa.
1883年. Anna Myers deeded a half acre including the site of the first Mass to the Catholic Church. 同年晚些时候，迈克尔·沃拉斯神父, pastor of the Colusa church decided something more than the wooden cross was needed to commemorate the site’s historical significance. 使用一些多余的砖, 是他为科卢萨的建筑而杀的, 他建造了现在的小砖房, 包含更改, 在离已经存在的木制十字架几英尺的地方. 他把这个神龛献给了悲伤圣母.
The shrine later fell into disuse and disrepair until the Knights of Columbus of Colusa Council No. 2145在1922年对它进行了修复. The old oak tree has been removed and the wooden cross was replaced with a large white cement cross set in a cairn of stone. 每年都有许多游客在神社停下来点燃蜡烛, 捐款并在留言簿上签名.